Like dry eye syndrome, computer vision syndrome, watery eyes and pink eyes, there are many other concerns that affect your ability to see and give you discomfort. Eye floaters are one of them. They are black, grey, cobweb-like or stringy spots moving through your vision. Most often, eye floaters appear as the age-related changes in the eyes. However, this condition of the eye does not lead to serious complications, but it is always recommended to opt for remedies or treatment when you notice it.
If you are also noticing the signs of eye floaters for the last few days and looking for some tips to get rid of them naturally, then consider the following points listed below:
- Better Eating: Adding anti-inflammation foods and green, leafy vegetables in your diet helps you reduce eye floaters. You should consider eating tomatoes, dark green and leafy vegetables, nuts, salmon, olive oil, oranges, cherries, blueberries, strawberries and cherries. Also, you should avoid foods that reverse your efforts and cause inflammation such as deep-fried foods, red meat, processed meat, refined carbohydrates and even margarine.
- Perform Eye Exercises: Doing eye exercise regularly is the best way to build up resistance to fatigue. You should develop a habit of performing eye exercises for 10-15 minutes daily. You can roll your eyes or focus on a moving object, to get your ocular muscle function properly.
- Avoid Using The Screen For Prolonged Hours: Starring at your screens, whether it is a computer screen, mobile screen or iPad screen, can cause harmful effects on your eyes. Using a screen for prolonged hours can contribute to the appearance of eye floaters. Thus, one of the best solutions to eye floaters is reducing screen time.
- Get Proper Sleep: There is no doubt that getting enough sleep contributes to your overall health especially, eye health. Experts say that 7-8 hours of sleep a day relaxes your eyes and improves your vision. Getting enough sleep also helps in recovering from eye strain and fatigue that leads to the development of floaters.
- Keep Your Body Hydrated: Keeping your body hydrated helps in detoxifying your body. This is helpful in the treatment of eye floaters as they appear because of toxin accumulation. Also, drinking plenty of water helps you to avoid eye fatigue and lazy eyes, which means you will look fresh every time.
- Use Sunglasses: The harmful UV rays from the sun can affect your health and even cause vision impairment. They can also be the reason behind the problem of eye floaters. Thus, you should wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from harmful sun rays that affect your eyesight.
Along with this, you should continue monitoring your eye floats and make if they are not impacting your vision as well as the quality of life. It is recommended to see your eye doctor immediately if you see more eye floaters. Seeking immediate medical attention for eye floaters is beneficial to avoid peripheral vision loss.